White City gas leak snarls traffic



    WHITE CITY, Ore. — Jackson County Fire District 3, OSP, and hazmat crews responded to a gas leak at 9:15 a.m. Tuesday in White City.

    Traffic was blocked off on West Antelope Road at Table Rock and Kirtland Road as fire engines made their way to contain a gas cabinet fire that sparked up from the gas leak.

    Linde Electronics & Specialty says fluorine gas was released, which is dangerous.

    However, Brian Mattingly, the Linde Electronics Plant Manager says luckily it didn't spread.

    "It is a zone A gas so it is toxic but it was in a gas cabinet and the employees were not in the area, no one was in any danger," said Mattingly.

    The fire was kept within the gas cabinet --- a 2-foot by 3-foot space.

    The cause of the leak and the damage from it is under investigation.

    News In Photos

      Loading ...