Walden to hold town halls in Medford, Bend
U.S. Rep. Greg Walden, R-Hood River, has announced he will hold town hall meetings in Medford, Bend and other cities next week.
Walden has been repeatedly criticized by Oregon District 2 Indivisible protesters and other constituents for holding town halls in recent years in small cities that are largely supportive of the president's policies, but not in some of the biggest cities in his district.
Walden will hold town hall meetings in Medford, Grants Pass, Bend, Prineville, Hood River and The Dalles next week, according to a release issued this evening.
“I’ve been proud to hold regular town hall meetings in all 20 counties in our vast district," Walden said the release.
“While Congress and the country face major issues like growing the economy and fixing the health care system, I’m also working on finding solutions for local problems in our communities."
By April 14, Walden will have held 13 town hall meetings in 2017. He held 27 in 2016 and 137 since 2012.
At the end of February, a national press analysis found that Walden held more in-person town halls in February than all but two other members of the U.S. House and Senate, the release said.
Those who cannot attend can sign up for telephone town halls at www.walden.house.gov.
Here is Walden's schedule while in Oregon:
Wednesday, April 12
- Wasco County, 11 a.m. to noon, Fort Dalles Readiness Center Assembly Hall, 402 E. Scenic Drive, The Dalles.
- Hood River, 3 to 4 p.m., Hood River Middle School Auditorium, 1602 May St., Hood River.
Thursday, April 13
- Crook County, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m., Crook County High School Auditorium, 1100 S.E. Lynn Blvd, Prineville.
- Deschutes County, 5 to 6 p.m., Mountain View High School Main Gym, 2755 N.E. 27th St., Bend.
Friday, April 14
- Jackson County, 7:30 to 8:30 a.m., North Medford High School Performing Arts Auditorium, 1900 N. Keene Way Drive, Medford.
- Josephine County, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., Grants Pass High School Performing Arts Center, 830 N.E. Ninth St., Grants Pass.