Art, music, poetry and puppets mark the Third Friday art walk to be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Sept. 19 at galleries and other venues in downtown Medford.
A collection of pastel paintings by Carol Eaton-Preston titled "Here's to Nature" and harp music by Mary Vannice will be presented at Art du Jour Gallery, 320 Middleford Alley. Eaton-Preston is a member of the Pastel Society of the West Coast.
Artwork of the theme "Autumn Splendor" also will be featured at Art du Jour. The exhibiting artists include Garland Arnaud, Betty Bangs, Jillian Crider, Jennifer Eufusia, Margo Garnett, Edna Hanscom, Ruth Heath, Judy Hubler, Maryanne Kauffman, Yvonne Kitchen, Margery Mercer, Vicky McGee, Lori Paxton, Ruth Hickock Schubert, Carol Sharp, Dick Woods, Shari O'Neal Young and Eaton-Preston. See artdujourgallery or call 770-3190.
"Of Fur and Feathers," an exhibit of wildlife paintings by Olivia Schemanski, will be displayed through Oct. 10 at the Rogue Gallery & Art Center, 40 S. Bartlett St., Medford.
Schemanski paints animals from Wildlife Images, a wildlife rehabilitation center in Grants Pass, placing the animals in their natural environment. Her passion for animal conservation is reflected in her paintings, and proceeds from her reproductions go directly to the center's housing fund. The artist grew up in Alaska and now lives in the Rogue Valley. She is a member of the Society of Animal Artists. See roguegallery.org or call 772-8118.
Downtown businesses also will host exhibits by various artists for the Third Friday event.
- Paintings by Betty Bangs will be displayed at Grilla Bites, 226 E. Main St. Call 245-9802.
- Paintings by Larry Safley, shadow boxes by Beth Powell, fine art prints by Rick Hazen, mixed media paintings by Daniel Russell and wire jewelry by Anita Yager will be at Yesterday's Blossoms, 275 Theater Alley. Also, Ben Truwe will present vintage films that highlight Oregon's history at the shop. Call 772-3484.
- Mixed media photography by Lawrence Goines will be at Facets Jewelry Studio, 301 E. Main St. Call 734-0934.
- Photography by Ken Deal will be at Corks Wine Bar and Bottle Shop, 235 Theater Alley. Call 245-1616.
- Mandalas on paper by MAYA will be at the Jackson County Democrats Office, 40 S. Central Ave. Call 858-1050.
- Contemporary wall sculpture by John and Robbyn Runyon will be displayed at The Chef's Table on Main, 130 E. Main St. Call 773-1119.
- Oil paintings by Ryan Moon, scherenschnitte (German paper cuttings) by Mirjan Schnorr and vintage-style aprons by Pam Lang will be at Nepenthe Massage, 225 E. Main St., Suite 207. Call 840-6174.
- Wool wall hangings and jewelry by Leslie Pedrick will be at Molly Reed, 237 E. Main St. Call 770-7103.
Other merchants supporting the Third Friday Art Walk include 38 on Central, Bartlett Street Bookstore, Downtown Grounds Coffee Bar, Edward Jones Investments, Gervais Day Spa and Salon, Hot Pots, Lotus Hair, Body and Soul, Medford Interiors, John Nuich Jewelers, Oh's Osaka, Schroeder's New, Used and Antique Furniture, Suzanne's Gifts, Garden and Home, Rapid Refill Ink and the Medford City Theatre Company above El Marinero, corner of East Main Street and North Riverside Avenue.
Poet Rick Fjellman will recite his original poetry at Suzanne's; Pam Lang will present a piano recital at Nepenthe; Jeff Griffin will play keyboard at Lotus; Erik Horton from Bro Kin Sticks and Bree Horton will present rap and acoustic pop at Vogel Plaza; and there will be a parade of puppets by Rogue Elements during the art walk.
Maps highlighting the participating venues are available at any of the stops along the art walk. Look for "Special Event" signs posted at galleries and shops. Parking in downtown Medford and in the parking structure on Sixth Street is free after 5 p.m. weekdays and all day Saturday and Sunday.