The Third Friday art walk rings in holiday festivities this weekend in downtown Medford. Art exhibits, holiday receptions, live music at Vogel Plaza and the annual GingerBread Jubilee are at the top of the highlights.
Gingerbread houses created by community members and students will be displayed from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday through Wednesday, Nov. 22-26, at the Craterian Theater, 23 S. Central Ave. Admission is $3, and all proceeds benefit the Craterian Theater. Call 779-3000.
The Rogue Gallery & Art Center, 40 S. Bartlett St., will offer gingerbread cookie decorating for children from 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday. The gallery also will celebrate the opening of its Holiday Shop from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
The Rogue Gallery's Holiday Shop will be open Tuesdays-Saturdays through Dec. 24 and is stocked with seasonally inspired gifts created by hundreds of local artists. Call 772-8118.
Art du Jour Gallery, 320 Middleford Alley, will host its 2008 Holiday Open House from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Light refreshments will be served. The gallery's holiday art show will be displayed through December. Paintings, sculpture, jewelry, prints, gifts and holiday cards will be available.
Shops and restaurants in Medford also will turn into showcases of art and music for Third Friday.
- Shadowboxes by Deano and Sherry Serkes will be displayed at Grilla Bites, 226 E. Main St. Call 245-9802.
- Paintings by Larry Safley, Daniel Russel, Thomas A. Bayne, J.P. Miller and fine art prints by Rick Hazen will be at Yesterday's Blossoms, 275 Theater Alley, along with a collection of unusual, handmade faerie houses by Beth Powell. Call 772-3484.
- Paintings by Paul Bunch and embroidered cloth by Jason Blackburn will be at Facets Jewelry Studio, 301 E. Main St. Call 734-0934.
- Photography by Ken Deal and paintings by Cathy Gallatin will be at Corks Wine Bar and Bottle Shop, 235 Theater Alley. Call 245-1616.
- Jewelry by Melanie Cook and Lori Lantz of Cosmic Poppy Designs will be at Lotus, 10 N. Central Ave. Call 858-8177.
- Abstract photography by Lawrence Burch will be at Rapid Refill Ink, 218 E. Main St.. Call 776-5015.
- Oil paintings and bronze sculpture by Tatiyana Tsyn will be at Schroeders Furniture, 220 E. Main St. Call 779-9991.
Poet Rick Fjellman will recite at Suzanne's; Jeff Griffin will play keyboard at Lotus. Fire eater and juggler Jeff Behrends and drummer John Statler will perform in Theater Alley, and The Constant Tourists will perform eclectic, new age music at Vogel Plaza.
Artists working in all media may participate in the Third Friday art walks. Call 890-4940 for details.