Works by nearly 25 local artists will hang in various businesses in downtown Jacksonville for this month's Art Amble from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 26. Along with art, there will be wine tastings, finger foods and live music by pianist Jim Quinby at McCully House and Dan Doshiers's band on the corner of Oregon and California streets. Participating businesses are designated by gold pennants.
Here's a list of exhibits:
- Watercolor paintings by Anne Brooke at Bella Union, 170 W. California St.
- Pastel paintings by Marilyn Hurst at The Blue Door, 155 N. Third St.
- Acrylic paintings by Dixie Kinser at The Candy Shoppe, 235 E. California St.
- Photography by Ron and Dee Moore at Carefree Buffalo, 130 W. California St.
- Acrylic paintings by Dianne Jean Erickson at Corks Wine Bar and Jacksonville Barn Co., 150 S. Oregon St.
- Wildlife photography by Jim James at The Creator's Gallery, 145 N. Fifth St.
- Mixed-media paintings by Elaine Witteveen at her gallery, 305 N. Oregon St.
- Photography by Kenneth Gregg at Elan Gallery, 245 W. Main St.
- Mixed-media paintings by Susan DeRosa at Farmhouse Treasures, 120 W. California St.
- Acrylic paintings by Mae Wygant at The GoodBean Co., 165 S. Oregon St.
- Assemblages by Margery Mercer at Jacksonville Co., 155 W. California St.
- Oil paintings by Katharine Gracey at The Jacksonville Inn, 175 E. California St.
- Mixed-media paintings by Arlene Sadlier at La Boheme, 175 W. California St.
- Work by Peter Coons, Alx Fox and Jannie Ledard at LodeStar Bar, 105 W. California St.
- Oil paintings by Jeff Levin at MacLevin's Whole Foods Deli and Gallery, 150 W. California St.
- Mixed-media paintings by Dodie Hamilton-Brandon and metal sculptures by Mike Smith at Renaissance Upholstery & Design, 110 N. Fifth St.
- Metal art by Cheryl Garcia and paintings by Leah Fanning Mebane at South Stage Cellars, 125 S. Third St.
- Work by Bill Stanton, Katy Cauker and Steven Edwards at Terra Firma, 135 W. California St.
Regional artists interested in becoming members of Art Presence and displaying works in the monthly event can contact Anne Brooke at 541-941-7057.