Regional artists will be showcased during the Third Friday art walk to be held Dec. 21 in downtown Medford. Galleries, shops and restaurants will stay open late for the event, and strolling musicians, poets, jugglers and fire breathers will perform along Theater Alley next to the Ginger Rogers Craterian Theater.
- Art du Jour Gallery, 320 MIddleford Alley, will celebrate the holiday season with "Always Something New," a group exhibit by gallery artists, on Third Friday. Bronze sculpture by Yvonne Kitchen will be highlighted. The gallery will be open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. See artdujourgallery.com or call 770-3190.
- The Holiday Shop at Rogue Gallery & Art Center, 40 N. Bartlett St., will be open through Saturday, Dec. 22, offering original art and gift items created by regional artists for holiday giving. The gallery's Wood & Fiber Show, featuring textural art such as turned and carved wood pieces, painted silks, woven and quilted pieces, also will be open through Dec. 22. Hours will be from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Third Friday and from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 22. See roguegallery.org or call 772-8118.
Artists from Studio Sfumato also will be featured at the Rogue Gallery. Sfumato features artists who have risen above disabilities to express ideas through visual arts.
- The art of scherenschnitte — scissor cut designs in paper — by Mirjam Schnorr-Weathers will be featured at Facets Jewelry Studio, 24 N. Bartlett St. Call 734-0930.
- Abstract paintings in acrylic on canvas and board by Larry Safley will be presented at Yesterday's Blossoms, 275 Theater Alley, along with sculpture by Sam Hefter. Call 772-3484.
- Photography by Bryan Mikota will be displayed at Grilla Bites Organic Restaurant, 226 E. Main St. Call 245-9802.
- Oil paintings by ATHENA and DACA will be displayed at Gervais Day Spa, 111 N. Central Ave. Call 779-7100.
- Photography by Ken Deal will be featured at Corks Wine Bar, 235 Theater Alley. Call 245-1616.
Other businesses supporting the Third Friday art walk include:
- 38 on Central, 38 N. Central Ave., 776-0038.
- Schroeder's, 220 E. Main St., 779-9991.
- Hot Pots, 217 E. Main St., 779-3443
- Oh's Osaka, 35 N. Central Ave., 282-2334
Look for "Special Event" signs posted at the participating venues.