Jackson County health inspectors in February evaluated 80 restaurants, all of which passed their semiannual inspections.
All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Jack in the Box No. 7102, North Pacific Highway, Medford — 90;
- Joe's Restaurant, Phoenix — 97;
- Mac's Diner, Shady Cove — 90;
- Marigold's & JDUB's Restaurant, Medford — 87;
- Miguel's IV, Eagle Point — 95;
- Muchas Gracias Mexican Food, West Main Street, Medford — 87;
- Northwest Raw, Ashland — 95;
- Peace of Pizza, Applegate — 97;
- St. Vincent de Paul Society, Medford — 95;
- Sonic Drive-In, Central Point — 90;
- Standing Stone Brewing Co., Ashland — 90;
- Subway Sandwiches No. 12462, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 90;
- Sweet Tea Express, Medford — 92;
- Taco Bell No. 028004, Crater Lake Highway, Medford — 97;
- Wendy's, North Pacific Highway, Medford — 95.
- u u
Inspectors subtract points for violations of "priority" and "priority foundation" items, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
The restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining, and all can be viewed there.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental public health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.