Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 95 restaurants in December. All passed their semiannual inspections, and 43 received perfect scores of 100. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received perfect scores of 100:
- Tasty Thai Restaurant, Medford;
- Thai Bistro, Medford;
- The Wharf Fresh Seafood, Medford;
- Togo's Great Sandwiches, Medford;
- Wild Goose Cafe & Bar, Ashland;
- Yellow Basket Restaurant, Central Point.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Alex's Plaza Restaurant & Bar, Ashland — 91;
- Arthur's Restaurant, Eagle Point — 95;
- Avalon Bar & Grill, Talent — 95;
- Barbwire Grill, Eagle Point — 90;
- Beau Club, Ashland — 95;
- Beckie's Cafe, Prospect — 97;
- Cafe 116, Ashland — 95;
- The Double R Pub, Rogue River — 97;
- Downtowne Grill & Coffeehouse, Talent — 79;
- Giseppi's Pizzeria and Sports, Ashland — 95;
- The Hillside Cafe, Jacksonville — 97;
- Inti, Talent — 97;
- Jalapenos Taco Shop Inc., Medford — 97;
- Jupiter Cafe, Talent — 95;
- Kids Unlimited Community, Medford — 95;
- King Wah, Medford — 90;
- La Casa del Pueblo, Ashland — 95;
- Little Brown Jug-Mei Sum, Talent — 90;
- Ma's Restaurant, Shady Cove — 95.
Inspectors subtract points for violations of "priority" and "priority foundation" items, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental public health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.