Jackson County health inspectors in November evaluated 108 restaurants, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune. The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Marie Callender's (now closed), Medford — 95;
- Ma's, Central Point — 95;
- Memo's Kitchen, Medford — 90;
- Moe's Restaurant, Ashland — 73;
- New Chan's Palace, Eagle Point — 97;
- New Far East, Medford — 94;
- Northwest Pizza & Pasta Co., Ashland — 92;
- O'Ryans Irish Pub, Ashland — 92;
- Original Roadhouse Grill, Medford — 90;
- The Point Pub and Grill, Central Point — 92;
- Quail Point Golf Course, Medford — 94;
- Restaurant el Kora, Medford — 89;
- Rogue Regency Inn, Medford — 97;
- Round Table Pizza, Medford — 97;
- Rumors Lounge, Medford — 95;
- Sammich, Ashland — 95;
- Senor Sam's Mexican Grill, Medford Center, Medford — 90;
- Sizzler Family Steak House, Medford — 92;
- Spicers Cafe & Espresso, Medford — 97;
- Star Sushi I, Medford — 89;
- Subway No. 21880, Jacksonville Highway, Medford — 78;
- Subway Sandwiches No. 20833, North Phoenix Road, Medford — 90;
- Time Out, Medford — 97;
- Triple Tree, Central Point — 95;
- The Vinyl Club, Ashland — 95;
- Yuan Yuan Restaurant, Ashland — 90.
Inspectors subtract points for violations of "priority" and "priority foundation" items, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental public health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.