Jackson County health inspectors in September evaluated 77 restaurants, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Prospect Cafe & Trophy Room, Prospect — 90;
- Red Robin, Medford — 92;
- Rogue River Lodge, Trail — 95;
- Roxy Ann Lanes, Medford — 95;
- Sakura Japanese Sushi, Medford — 88;
- Sauce, Ashland — 95;
- Squeeze Inn Sandwich Shop, Medford — 95;
- Stim Coffee, Jacksonville — 89;
- Subway, Shady Cove — 92;
- Subway No. 2928, White City — 91;
- Subway Sandwiches No. 10688, Center Drive, Medford — 92;
- Taco Bell/Pizza Hut No. 028001, East Jackson Street, Medford — 92;
- Taqueria el Gallo, Medford — 97;
- Trophy Club, Medford — 95;
- Upper Rogue Community Center, Shady Cove — 85;
- Wild River, Medford — 97;
- Yogurt Hut, Center Drive, Medford — 97.
Inspectors subtract points for violations of "priority" and "priority foundation" items, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental public health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.