Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 62 restaurants in July. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- 62 Marketplace, Shady Cove — 92;
- Aryon's Open Door Island Cafe, Central Point — 97;
- Boomtown Saloon, Jacksonville — 95;
- Box R Ranch, Ashland — 92;
- Cafe Nom-Yen, Ashland — 97;
- Bobbio's Pizza, Central Point — 95;
- China Hut Restaurant & Lounge, Medford — 90;
- Churrasco, Medford — 90;
- Clubb 66 Uzi's Underground, Ashland — 97;
- Cones & Co., Prospect — 97;
- Corner Club, Central Point — 97;
- Donut Den, Medford — 95;
- El Arriero Mexican Restaurant, Medford — 97;
- Hannah's Restaurant, Medford — 91;
- Hot Shots Espresso, Medford — 92;
- Jackson Creek Pizza Co., West Main Street, Medford — 90;
- Leo's BBQ Bar & Grill, Grants Pass — 83;
- Longbranch Saloon, Gold Hill — 95.
Inspectors subtract points for violations of "priority" and "priority foundation" items, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental public health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.