Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 129 restaurants in February, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- 4 Daughters Irish Pub, Medford — 92;
- Abby's Legendary Pizza, Crater Lake Highway, Medford — 95;
- Arthur's Restaurant, Eagle Point — 97;
- Bee Gee's Diner, Rogue River — 74;
- Blue (Greek on Granite), Ashland — 97;
- Bonsai Teriyaki Sushi III, Medford — 84;
- Bricktowne Barrel House, Medford — 85;
- Burger King, Crater Lake Highway, Medford — 95;
- Carl's Jr. No. 806, Biddle Road, Medford — 97;
- Central Point Food & Friends, Central Point — 97;
- Chinese Gourmet Express, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 92;
- Depot St. Burger & Malt Shop, Rogue River — 97;
- Donut Den, Medford — 89;
- Dutch Bros., White City — 97;
- Honey Baked Ham Co. & Cafe, Medford — 97;
- House of Thai Cuisine, Ashland — 97;
- India Palace, Medford — 95;
- India's Kitchen, Medford — 95;
- Jacksonville Tavern, Jacksonville — 95;
- Juan's el Caporal, Eagle Point — 97;
- Little Caesars, Ashland — 95;
- Mac's Diner, Shady Cove — 95;
- McDonald's Walmart, Center Drive, Medford — 95;
- McDonald's, Phoenix — 92;
- McKee Bridge Restaurant & Store, Jacksonville — 94;
- Medford Coffee Co., Medford — 97.
Inspectors subtract points for violations of "priority" and "priority foundation" items, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental public health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.