Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 121 restaurants in January, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. All scores are published in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Burger King No. 10578, Central Point — 95;
- Callahan's Lodge Inc., Ashland — 87;
- Capers, Medford — 97;
- Case Coffee Co., Ashland — 97;
- Centennial Grille, Medford — 94;
- Central Point Bobbio's Pizza, Central Point — 94;
- China Hut Restaurant & Lounge, Medford — 82;
- City Grinders, White City — 86;
- Corner Club, Central Point — 97;
- Del Taco, Medford — 92;
- Dutch Bros., Central Point — 95;
- Ed's Oasis, Eagle Point — 94;
- El Arriero Mexican Restaurant, Medford — 90;
- Guadalajara Mexican, Medford — 92;
- The Human Bean, Central Point — 91;
- Jack in the Box, North Pacific Highway, Medford — 95;
- The Jacksonville Inn, Jacksonville — 95;
- Jasper's Restaurant/Cafe, Medford — 97;
- Leo's BBQ Bar & Grill, Grants Pass — 79;
- Marco's Pepper Grill, Medford — 91;
- Miguel's IV, Eagle Point — 95;
- Muchas Gracias Mexican Food, West Main Street, Medford — 91;
- Natalee Thai Cuisine, Medford — 95;
- New Tin Tin Buffet, Medford — 92;
- Nino's Pizzeria, Medford — 94;
- North Medford High School, Medford — 95;
- Old Farm House, South Riverside Avenue, Medford — 95.
Inspectors subtract points for violations of "priority" and "priority foundation" items, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental public health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.