Jackson County health inspectors in August evaluated 95 restaurants, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Deli-Bean, Medford — 95;
- Dutch Bros., Central Point — 98;
- GoodBean Coffee Cafe, Medford — 95;
- The Grilled Cheese Co., Medford — 96;
- Guadalajara Mexican, Medford — 75;
- Habaneros, Medford — 95;
- Jack in the Box No. 7102, North Pacific Highway, Medford — 99;
- Juan's El Caporal, Eagle Point — 95;
- Las Morenas, Medford — 92;
- Little Caesars, Ashland — 95;
- Lost Creek Marina, Trail — 79;
- Marco's Pepper Grill, Medford — 89;
- McDonald's, Phoenix — 90;
- Main Street Yogurt & Ice Cream, Phoenix — 98;
- Medford Coffee Co., Medford — 98;
- Milagros, Ashland — 94;
- Muchas Gracias Mexican Food, West Main Street, Medford — 70;
- New Tin Tin Buffet, Medford — 89;
- Paddy Brannan's Irish Pub, Ashland — 97;
- Panda Garden, Ashland — 95;
- Papa John's Pizza, Biddle Road, Medford — 99;
- Patti's Kitchen, Gold Hill — 99;
- Pho Sur, Medford — 98;
- Prospect Cafe & Trophy Room, Prospect — 93.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.