Jackson County health inspectors in April evaluated 89 restaurants, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Northwest Pizza & Pasta Co., Ashland — 96;
- The Office, Medford — 98;
- Organic Natural Cafe, Medford — 95;
- Original Bobbio's Pizza, Central Point — 92;
- Panda Express No. 1702, Medford — 95;
- Parkside Cafe, Medford — 93;
- Picnic Basket Delicatessen, Shady Cove — 93;
- Puck's Donuts, Medford — 91;
- RedZone Sports Bar N' Grill, Ashland — 96;
- Relax Sports Pub, Central Point — 90;
- Richard's Donuts & Pastries, Medford — 95;
- Rogue River Cottage Cafe, Rogue River — 91;
- Roscoe's BBQ, Phoenix — 91;
- Sansei, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 88;
- Spicers Cafe & Espresso, Medford — 91;
- Star Sushi 2, Medford — 94;
- The Station, Rogue River — 98;
- Subway, Avery Street, Ashland — 91;
- Subway Sandwiches No. 20833, North Phoenix Road, Medford — 98;
- Thai Garden, Central Point — 89;
- Triple Tree, Central Point — 84;
- Wendy's Old Fashioned Hamburgers, South Riverside Avenue, Medford — 95;
- Yuan Yuan Restaurant, Ashland — 89.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.