Jackson County health inspectors in December evaluated 85 restaurants, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Ramada Inn, Medford — 78;
- Real Deal Cafe, Medford — 92;
- Red Lion Hotel, Medford — 71;
- Restaurant El Kora, Medford — 72;
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 98;
- Rogue River Bakery & Deli, Rogue River — 77;
- Rogue Valley Medical Center food service department (basement floor), Medford — 94;
- Rosso's Trattoria, Medford — 91;
- Shady Cove Sports Bar & Grill, Shady Cove — 96;
- Shenanigan's Irish Pub, Medford — 98;
- Shoji's, Medford — 95;
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Medford — 96;
- Sodexo-Cascade Dining, Southern Oregon University, Ashland — 76;
- Standing Stone Brewing Co., Ashland — 97;
- Subway Sandwiches, Talent — 95;
- Tacos Mi Tierra, Medford — 89;
- Taroko, Ashland — 90;
- The Trough, Eagle Point — 89;
- The Wild Goose Cafe & Bar, Ashland — 85;
- Yellow Basket Restaurant, Central Point — 98.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
All restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.