Jackson County health inspectors in November evaluated 122 restaurants, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Kids Unlimited Community Center, Medford — 86;
- King Wah, Medford — 80;
- La Burrita, Medford — 97;
- Las Palmas, Jacksonville — 95;
- Lava Sports, Medford — 81;
- Lemon Grass Thai Cuisine, Medford — 98;
- Little Brown Jug-Mei Sum, Talent — 97;
- Loft American Brasserie & Bar, Ashland — 97;
- Macaroni's Ristorante, Ashland — 95;
- Main Street Yogurt & Ice Cream, Phoenix — 93;
- Marie Callender's, Medford — 94;
- McDonald's No. 2013, East Barnett Road, Medford — 95;
- Mihama Teriyaki Grill, Ashland — 95;
- Miguel's Guadalajara Inc., Shady Cove — 92;
- Moe's Restaurant, Ashland — 83;
- Mongo Grill, Ashland — 97;
- Morning Glory, Ashland — 95;
- Mrs. Q's Restaurant, Medford — 93;
- Munchie's, Ashland — 94;
- Mystic Treats, Talent — 89;
- O'Ryans Irish Pub, Ashland — 92;
- Original Roadhouse Grill, Medford — 79;
- Pit Stop Tavern, Medford — 95;
- The Pita Pit, Medford — 96;
- Pizza at the Cove, Shady Cove — 89;
- Pomodori Ristorante, Medford — 93;
- Round Table Pizza, Medford — 95;
- Roxy Ann Cafe, Medford — 96;
- Rumors Lounge, Medford — 98;
- Senor Sams Mexican Grill, Medford Center, Medford — 92.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.