Jackson County health inspectors in October evaluated 121 restaurants, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Purple Parrot No. 8, Highland Drive, Medford — 98;
- Purple Parrot No. 9, South Central Avenue, Medford — 96;
- R & D Sandwich Factory, Medford — 95;
- Railroaded Inc. (Porters), Medford — 97;
- Redrock Italian Eatery, Medford — 96;
- Ribbons & Roses Cakes & Catering, Medford — 97;
- The Rock Family Worship Center, Medford — 96;
- Rogue River Cottage Cafe, Rogue River — 90;
- Roscoe's BBQ Sports Bar & Grill, Phoenix — 95;
- Sansei, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 92;
- Shenanigan's on Main, Medford — 84;
- Si Casa Flores, East Barnett Road, Medford — 92;
- Soup Station, Rogue River — 96;
- Southern Oregon Ice Arena, Medford — 98;
- Star Sushi No. 2, Medford — 90;
- Subway No. 2928, White City — 99;
- Subway Sandwiches No. 21610, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 99;
- Sugar Pine Co. Cafe, Butte Falls — 93;
- Superior Fitness, Eagle Point — 98;
- Tabu, Ashland — 84;
- Taco Delite No. 2, Central Point — 98;
- Togo's Great Sandwiches, Medford — 91;
- Tolo Tavern, Central Point — 97;
- Touvelle Lodge, Central Point — 90;
- Triple Tree, Central Point — 92;
- The Vinyl Club, Ashland — 88;
- Wendy's Old Fashioned Hamburgers, Biddle Road, Medford — 90;
- Yogurt Hut, Medford — 95;
- Yuan Yuan Restaurant, Ashland — 86.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.