Jackson County health inspectors in October evaluated 121 restaurants, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Howiee's on Front, Medford — 95;
- Human Bean, South Pacific Highway, Medford — 96;
- I Love Sushi, Medford — 89;
- Inti, Talent — 91;
- Jack's Full Moon Saloon, Phoenix — 89;
- Jack's Hideaway, Medford — 99;
- Joe's La Burrita, Medford — 95;
- Joe's Sports Bar & Grill, Medford — 99;
- Joey's Italian Deli, Medford — 99;
- KFC, Barnett Road, Medford — 98;
- KFC, East McAndrews Road, Medford — 98;
- King Bo Inc., Medford — 84;
- Ling's, White City — 92;
- Liquid Assets Wine Bar, Ashland — 95;
- Little Caesars Pizza, White City — 94;
- Ma's, Central Point — 87;
- Main Event Sports Bar & Eatery, Eagle Point — 86;
- McDonald's, Central Point — 96;
- Medford Gospel Mission, Medford — 88;
- Mr. Smith's, Medford — 95;
- Muchas Gracias Mexican Food, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 88;
- My Way Cafe, Jacksonville — 97;
- New Far East, Medford — 95;
- Northwest Pizza & Pasta Co., Ashland — 97;
- The Office, Medford — 97;
- The Olive Garden No. 1592, Medford — 99;
- Omar's Inc., Ashland — 90;
- Organic Natural Cafe, Medford — 93;
- Original Bobbio's Pizza, Central Point — 92;
- Panda Express No. 1702, Medford — 95;
- Picnic Basket Delicatessen, Shady Cove — 86;
- Puck's Donuts, Medford — 98;
- Puck's Donuts, Phoenix — 98.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.