Jackson County health inspectors in September evaluated 130 restaurants, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Grass Shack Cafe, Phoenix — 96;
- Green Springs Inn, Ashland — 97;
- Guadalajara Jr. Inc., Gold Hill — 97;
- Honey Baked Ham Co. & Cafe, Medford — 90;
- India Palace, Medford — 90;
- Jack's Tally Ho, Talent — 88;
- Jacksonville Food & Friends, Jacksonville — 87;
- Juan's El Caporal, Eagle Point — 94;
- Little Caesars Pizza, Medford — 98;
- Lost Creek Marina, Trail — 82;
- Luigi's Italian Sandwiches, Medford — 97;
- Martolli's Hand Tossed Pizza, Ashland — 94;
- Mazatlan Grill, Central Point — 94;
- McDonald's No. 5996, White City — 99;
- McGrath's Fish House, Medford — 90;
- McKee Bridge Restaurant & Store, Jacksonville — 86;
- Mellelo Coffee Roasters, West Main Street, Medford — 95;
- Mix Sweet Shop, Ashland — 95;
- Mongolian BBQ, Medford — 98;
- Mustard Seed Cafe, Jacksonville — 92;
- New Chan's Palace, Eagle Point — 93;
- New Sammy's Cowboy Bistro, Talent — 95;
- Oh's Osaka, Medford — 94;
- The Old Farm House Restaurant, Central Point — 92;
- The Old Farm House Restaurant, Phoenix — 96;
- Papa John's Pizza, Biddle Road, Medford — 98;
- Pier 21, Medford — 94;
- Pilot Travel Center No. 391, Central Point — 93;
- Pizza Hut No. 102017, Biddle Road, Medford — 99;
- Pizza Hut No. 738201, Central Point — 96;
- Purple Parrot No. 6, Biddle Road, Medford — 98;
- Quiznos, Delta Waters Road, Medford — 90.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.