Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 69 restaurants in May. All scores are published in the Mail Tribune. The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Noble Coffee, Ashland: 99;
- Peacock Cafe, Medford: 86;
- Ramada Inn, Medford: 83;
- Real Deal Cafe, Medford: 90;
- The Red Dragon, Rogue River: 88;
- The Red Lunch Box Express, Eagle Point: 94;
- Restaurant El Kora, Medford: 96;
- Rosso's Trattoria, Medford: 85;
- Round Table Pizza, Medford: 93;
- Shady Cove Sports Bar & Grill, Shady Cove: 93;
- Shoji's, Medford: 91;
- Southern Oregon Speedway, White City: 95;
- Subway No. 21720, Phoenix: 98;
- Subway, Southern Oregon Ball Park, Medford: 99;
- Tacos Mi Tierra, Medford: 86;
- Taroko, Ashland: 81;
- Yellow Basket Restaurant, Central Point: 96;
- Yotopia Yogurt, Medford: 89.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.