Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 90 restaurants in December. A portion of all scores are published weekly in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Purple Parrot No. 7, White City — 98;
- Ramada Inn, Medford — 86;
- Real Deal Cafe, Medford — 92;
- The Red Dragon, Rogue River — 80;
- Red Lion Hotel, Medford — 86;
- Restaurant El Kora, Medford — 91;
- Rogue Riviera, Gold Hill — 98;
- Rosso's Trattoria, Medford — 90;
- Shady Cove Sports Bar & Grill, Shady Cove — 87;
- Shenanigan's Irish Pub, Medford — 94;
- St. Vincent de Paul Society, Medford — 93;
- Standing Stone Brewing Co., Ashland — 95;
- Starbucks Coffee No. 444, Biddle Road, Medford — 91;
- Starbucks Coffee No. 14320, Crater Lake Highway, Medford — 95;
- Subway, Walmart, Eagle Point — 94;
- Subway No. 21880, Jacksonville Highway, Medford — 93;
- Subway of Phoenix No. 21720, Phoenix — 98;
- Subway Sandwiches, Talent — 96;
- Subway Sandwiches & Salads No. 24031250, Crater Lake Avenue, Medford — 96;
- Tacos Mi Tierra, Medford — 98;
- Tease, Ashland — 96;
- Time Out, Medford — 97;
- Torero's Mexican Restaurant, Central Point — 85;
- Varsity Theatre, Ashland — 98;
- The Wharf Fresh Seafood Market, Medford — 98;
- Whistle Stop Emporium, Butte Falls — 94;
- Yellow Basket Restaurant, Central Point — 93.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.