Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 90 restaurants in December. A portion of all scores are published weekly in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Golden Wok, Medford — 94
- Gypsy Blues Bar, Medford — 99
- Homestead, Rogue River — 82
- Intatto Coffee, Ashland — 90
- The Jacksonville Inn, Jacksonville — 95
- KFC, Barnett Road, Medford — 94
- KFC, White City — 83
- King Wah, Medford — 89
- Kobe Restaurant, Ashland — 81
- La Fiesta, Jacksonville — 93
- Lee's Cuisine, Ashland — 86
- Little Brown Jug-Mei Sum, Talent — 98
- Lumpy's No. 2, Phoenix — 96
- Mai Thai, Central Point — 95
- Mash 'N' Dash, Ashland — 89
- Mrs. Q's Restaurant, Medford — 94
- Noble Coffee, Ashland — 93
- Noho's Hawaiian Cafe, Medford — 83
- Oregon Cabaret Theatre Inc., Ashland — 99
- Organicos Natural Cafe, Medford — 90
- Outback Steakhouse, Medford — 91
- Pangea, Ashland — 87
- Petro Stopping Centers, Medford — 91
- Pit Stop Tavern, Medford — 98
- Pretzel Maker, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 94
- Prospect Pizza, Prospect — 97
- Providence Medford Medical Center, Medford — 91
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.