Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 88 restaurants in November. All passed their semiannual inspections. A portion of all scores are published weekly in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Señor Sam's Mexican Grill, Medford Center, Medford — 77;
- Sesame Asian Kitchen, Ashland — 96;
- Shenanigan's on Main, Medford — 96;
- Shoji's, Medford — 92;
- Sizzler Family Steak House, Medford — 94;
- South Medford Dairy Queen, East Barnett Road, Medford — 94;
- Southern Oregon Moose Lodge, Medford — 86;
- Spicers Restaurant and Dessertery, Medford — 95;
- Starbucks Coffee Co. No. 443, Center Drive, Medford — 89;
- Starbucks Coffee No. 448, East Main Street, Ashland — 99;
- Subway No. 2404, Avery Street, Ashland — 96;
- Subway Sandwiches No. 20833, North Phoenix Road, Medford — 81;
- Subway Sandwiches, Highway 62, Eagle Point — 93;
- Sunrise Cafe, Medford — 90;
- Table Rock Coffee Co., White City — 98;
- Taj Indian Cuisine, Ashland — 88;
- Talent Food & Friends Meal Site, Talent — 95;
- Whiskey River Cafe & Lounge, Central Point — 94;
- The Wrangler BBQ & Grill, Medford — 93;
- Zen Kitchen, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 96.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.