Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 97 restaurants in June. All passed their semiannual inspections. A portion of all scores are published weekly in the Mail Tribune.
These restaurants received passing scores of 70 or higher:
- Gypsy Blues Bar, Medford — 92;
- Hangar Corp. (Emigrant Lake water slide snack bar), Ashland — 92;
- Hawk Vending Services Inc., Medford — 96;
- Homestead, Rogue River — 98;
- Hong Kong Bar, Ashland — 82;
- Human Bean, Ashland — 97;
- Intatto Coffee, Ashland — 90;
- Kentucky Fried Chicken, White City — 96;
- King Wah, Medford — 87;
- Lava Lanes, Medford — 98;
- Little Brown Jug-Mei Sum, Talent — 81;
- Mai Thai, Central Point — 96;
- Mash 'N' Dash, Ashland — 86;
- McDonald's No. 2013, East Barnett Road, Medford — 97;
- Medford Youth Baseball Society, Medford — 90;
- Mena's Catering, Medford — 99;
- Mrs. Q's Restaurant, Medford — 90;
- Muchas Gracias, North Riverside Avenue, Medford — 76;
- Noble Coffee, Ashland — 98;
- Noho's Hawaiian Café, Medford — 90;
- Nunan Estate & Carriage House, Jacksonville — 87;
- Oregon Cabaret Theatre Inc., Ashland — 98;
- Organicos Natural Cafe, Medford — 95;
- Outback Steakhouse, Medford — 77;
- Oxygen/Hubbards Baking Co., Medford — 99.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining. Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.