Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 100 restaurants in May. All passed their semiannual inspections. A portion of all scores are published weekly in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Rogue Valley Medical Center espresso bar, Medford: 96;
- Rogue Valley Medical Center food-service department, Medford: 89;
- Senor Sams, Central Point: 87;
- Shady Cove Sports Bar & Grill, Shady Cove: 91;
- Shenanigan's on Main, Medford: 96;
- Shiki Four Seasons, Medford: 88;
- Shoji's, Medford: 91;
- South Medford Dairy Queen, East Barnett Road, Medford: 95;
- Southern Oregon Moose Lodge, Medford: 91;
- Spicers Restaurant, Medford: 94;
- Starbucks Coffee No. 448, East Main Street, Ashland: 96;
- Subway Ashland No. 2404, Avery Street, Ashland: 99;
- Subway Sandwiches No. 20833, North Phoenix Road, Medford: 93;
- Sunrise Cafe, Medford: 87;
- Taj Indian Cuisine, Ashland: 85;
- Talent Food & Friends Meal Site, Talent: 90;
- Tasty Thai Restaurant, Medford: 91;
- Time Out, Medford: 98;
- The Vinyl Club, Ashland: 96;
- Wendy's Old Fashioned Hamburgers, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford: 96;
- The Wharf Fresh Seafood Market, Medford: 93;
- Whiskey River Cafe & Lounge, Central Point: 95;
- The Wrangler BBQ & Grill, Medford: 93;
- Zen Kitchen, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford: 85.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining. Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.