Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 109 restaurants in April. All passed their semiannual inspections. Scores are reported in the Mail Tribune, with a portion published weekly.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Kids Unlimited Community Center, Medford — 89
- King Bo Inc., Medford — 85
- Ling's, White City — 97
- Liquid Assets Wine Bar, Ashland — 95
- LunchBox Delivery, Medford — 97
- Main Event Sports Bar & Eatery, Eagle Point — 89
- Marie Callender's, Medford — 85
- Miguel's Guadalajara Inc., Shady Cove — 93
- Moozie's Cafe & Longhorn Saloon, Eagle Point — 96
- Morning Glory, Ashland — 81
- Natalee Thai Cuisine, Medford — 97
- New Far East, Medford — 83
- The Office, Medford — 98
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival members lounge, Ashland — 95
- Parkside Cafe, Medford — 84
- Peerless Restaurant, Ashland — 97
- Picnic Basket Delicatessen, Shady Cove — 98
- Pilot Travel Center No. 391, Central Point — 87
- Pinehurst Inn, Ashland — 95
- Pizza at the Cove, Shady Cove — 98
- Pomodori Ristorante, Medford — 94
- Pony Espresso, Jacksonville — 80
- Puck's Donuts, Phoenix — 99
- R & D Sandwich Factory, Medford — 96
- Red Hibiscus, Ashland — 80
- Richard's Donuts & Pastries, Medford — 91
- Roscoe's BBQ Sports Bar & Grill, Phoenix — 95
- Rogue River Cottage Cafe, Rogue River — 86
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.