Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 106 restaurants in February. All passed their semiannual inspections. Scores are reported in the Mail Tribune, with a portion published weekly.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Red Lobster No. 576, Medford — 98;
- Redrock Italian Eatery, Medford — 91;
- Rogue Regency Inn, Medford — 88;
- Roscoe's BBQ Express, Medford — 97;
- Roy's Pioneer Club, Central Point — 94;
- Salvation Army Multiservice, Medford — 94;
- Senor Sam's Mexican Grill, South Riverside Avenue, Medford — 93;
- Shari's Restaurant, Central Point — 92;
- Shenanigan's Bar & Grille, Medford — 97;
- Silver Dragon Restaurant, Medford — 83;
- Subway Sandwiches No. 15399, Biddle Road, Medford — 98;
- Subway Sandwiches & Salads, Ashland Street, Ashland — 99;
- Tabu, Ashland — 90;
- Taco Bell No. 17467, Crater Lake Highway, Medford — 96;
- Tiffins Catering, Medford — 99;
- Triple Tree, Central Point — 92;
- Upper Rogue Community Center, Shady Cove — 92;
- Vinny's Italian Kitchen, Medford — 88;
- Wamba Juice, Medford — 94;
- Wellsprings Garden Cafe, Ashland — 90;
- Whitewater Bakery, Rogue River — 99;
- Wild River, Medford — 93;
- Wimer Way Cafe, Rogue River — 95;
- Yummy Yan's, Medford — 85;
- Zach's Deli & Catering Co., Medford — 94.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining. Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.