Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 106 restaurants in February. All passed their semiannual inspections. The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Java Junction, Medford — 90;
- The Jerzee Dawg, Medford — 94;
- Juan's El Caporal, Eagle Point — 92;
- Loft American Brasserie & Bar, Ashland — 93;
- Lumpy's No. 5, South Riverside Avenue, Medford — 98;
- Magnolia Grill, Jacksonville — 87;
- Mario's Sandwiches, Phoenix — 99;
- Mazatlan Grill, Central Point — 94;
- McDonald's, Central Point — 97;
- McDonald's, Phoenix — 97;
- McGrath's Fish House, Medford — 93;
- McKee Bridge Restaurant & Store, Jacksonville — 79;
- Mihama Teriyaki Grill, Ashland — 96;
- Muchas Gracias, Aviation Way, Medford — 93;
- New Chan's Palace, Eagle Point — 88;
- New Sammy's Cowboy Bistro, Talent — 95;
- Northwest Pizza & Pasta Co., Ashland — 87;
- The Old Farm House Restaurant, Central Point — 87;
- The Olive Garden Italian, Medford — 94;
- Orange Julius, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 95;
- Panda Garden, Ashland — 89;
- Papa John's Pizza, Biddle Road, Medford — 88;
- Pasta Piatti, Ashland — 93;
- Pier 21, Medford — 91;
- Purple Parrot No. 12, Delta Waters Road, Medford — 99;
- Quizno's No. 2, East Stewart Avenue, Medford — 90.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.