Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 111 restaurants in August. All restaurants passed their semiannual inspections. Scores are reported in the Mail Tribune, with a portion published weekly.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Salvation Army Multiservice, Medford — 94;
- Senor Sam's Mexican Grill, South Riverside Avenue, Medford — 93;
- Shari's Restaurant, Central Point — 94;
- Shari's Restaurant, Medford — 96;
- Siam Cafe Thai Cuisine, Medford — 91;
- Silver Dragon Restaurant, Medford — 71;
- Sonic Drive-In, Central Point — 98;
- Stone Ridge Golf Club, Eagle Point — 98;
- Subway Sandwiches, White City — 90;
- Subway Sandwiches No. 15399, Biddle Road, Medford — 80;
- Tabu, Ashland — 86;
- Taco Bell No. 17467, Crater Lake Highway, Medford — 95;
- Taco Bell No. 18540, Jacksonville Highway, Medford — 99;
- Tarasco Mexican Restaurant, Rogue River — 88;
- Tarasco Mexican Restaurant No. 2, Medford — 90;
- Tiffins Catering, Medford — 93;
- Triple Tree, Central Point — 89;
- Upper Rogue Community Center, Shady Cove — 79;
- Villa Pizza Fresh Italian Kitchen, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 87;
- Vinny's Italian Kitchen, Medford — 88;
- Wellsprings Garden Cafe, Ashland — 92;
- Wild River, Medford — 91;
- Willie's Tavern Inc., Eagle Point — 97;
- Wimer Way Café, Rogue River — 97;
- Yummy Yan's, Medford — 86;
- Zach's Deli & Catering Co., Medford — 86.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods held at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.