Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 88 restaurants in July. All restaurants passed their semiannual inspections. Scores are reported in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- The Old Farm House, South Riverside Avenue, Medford — 89;
- Omar's, Ashland — 95;
- Oregon Mountain Coffee Co., Medford — 96;
- Papa John's Pizza, Biddle Road, Medford — 97;
- Papa John's Pizza, West Main Street, Medford — 92;
- Picasso's Pantry, Talent — 96;
- Purple Parrot, Central Point — 99;
- Rogue Valley Country Club, Medford — 93;
- Rooster's, Medford — 87;
- Rosario's Italian Restaurant, Medford — 97;
- Si Casa Flores, North Phoenix Road, Medford — 95;
- Si Casa Flores, Phoenix — 94;
- Sky House Bar & Grill, Medford — 83;
- Soco's La Burrita, Phoenix — 81;
- Starbucks Coffee Co., Siskiyou Boulevard, Ashland — 95;
- Starbucks Coffee No. 444, Biddle Road, Medford — 98;
- Tacos & Pollos Grilled, Medford — 85;
- Talent Cafe, Talent — 92;
- Tee Time Cafe, Medford — 90;
- Terry's Broaster Chicken, Medford — 88;
- Thai Pepper, Ashland — 86;
- Ubhill One, Central Point — 96;
- Wendy's, Ashland — 91;
- Wiley's World Pasta Co., Ashland — 93.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods held at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.