Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 88 restaurants in July. All restaurants passed their semiannual inspections. Scores are reported in the Mail Tribune, with a portion published weekly.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Lela's Cafe, Ashland — 92;
- Little Caesars Pizza, Central Point — 93;
- Los Arcos Taqueria Restaurant, Medford — 85;
- Lumpy's No. 3, North Pacific Highway, Medford — 98;
- Medford Food & Friends, Medford — 94;
- Medford Gospel Mission, Medford — 84;
- Red Robin, Medford — 95;
- Macaroni's Ristorante, Ashland — 89;
- Mamma Mia Gelateria, Jacksonville — 86;
- Matteo's Italian Restaurant, Central Point — 91;
- McKee Bridge Restaurant & Store, Jacksonville — 86;
- Mellelo Coffee Roasters, Lear Way, Medford — 98;
- Miguel's, Ashland — 94;
- Miguel's IV, Eagle Point — 93;
- Mountain Mike's Pizza, Medford — 92;
- Muchas Gracias Mexican, Samike Drive, Medford — 82;
- New Sammy's Cowboy Bistro, Talent — 91;
- New Tin Tin Buffet, Medford — 89;
- Noho's Hawaiian Cafe to Go, Central Point — 93;
- Oak Tree Restaurant Northwest, Ashland — 96;
- The Old Farm House, North Riverside Avenue, Medford — 93.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods held at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.