Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 96 restaurants in June. All restaurants passed their semiannual inspections. Scores are reported in the Mail Tribune, with a portion published weekly.
These restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Mountain Meadows, Ashland — 93
- Noble Coffee, Ashland — 99
- Noho's Hawaiian Café, Medford — 93
- Nunan Estate & Carriage House Restaurant, Jacksonville — 95
- O'Brien's Mountain View BBQ, White City — 93
- Oregon Cabaret Theatre Inc., Ashland — 97
- Oxygen, Medford — 98
- Pangea, Ashland — 95
- Pioneer Cafe & Lounge, Central Point — 81
- Pit Stop Tavern, Medford — 98
- The Pita Pit, Medford — 95
- Pretzel Maker, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 92
- Providence Medford Medical Center, Medford — 96
- Porter's, Medford — 95
- Quizno's, Ashland — 92
- Real Deal Cafe, Medford — 95
- The Red Lunch Box Express, Eagle Point — 95
- Rhino's by the Rogue, Gold Hill — 86
- Rogue Valley Medical Center Espresso Bar, Medford — 97
- Senor Sam's Mexican Grill, Medford Center, Medford — 83
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods held at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.