Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 100 restaurants in January. All restaurants passed their semiannual inspections. Scores are reported in the Mail Tribune, with a portion published weekly.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Rosario's Italian Restaurant, Medford — 95;
- Shari's Restaurant, Medford — 96;
- Shenanigan's Bar & Grille, East Main Street, Medford — 96;
- Shenanigan's Irish Pub, South Riverside Avenue, Medford — 92;
- Si Casa Flores, North Phoenix Road, Medford — 94;
- Si Casa Flores, Phoenix — 87;
- Soco's La Burrita, Phoenix — 88;
- Southern Oregon University Cascade Dining Hall, Ashland — 88;
- Starbucks Coffee Company, Siskiyou Boulevard, Ashland — 95;
- Starbucks Coffee No. 444, Biddle Road, Medford — 81;
- Subway Sandwiches & Salads, Crater Lake Avenue, Medford — 95;
- Tacos & Pollos Grilled, Medford — 92;
- Talent Cafe, Talent — 93;
- Talent Club, Inc., Talent — 93;
- Tee Time Cafe, Medford — 91;
- Terry's Broaster Chicken, Medford — 79;
- Thai Pepper, Ashland — 85;
- The Old Farm House, Medford — 86;
- Tiffin's Catering, Medford — 91;
- Vinny's Italian Kitchen, Medford — 87;
- Wellsprings Garden Cafe, Ashland — 87;
- Whitewater Bakery & Deli, Rogue River — 90;
- Wiley's World Pasta Co., Ashland — 92.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods held at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.