Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 100 restaurants in January.
All restaurants passed their semiannual inspections. Scores are reported in the Mail Tribune, with a portion published weekly.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- McKee Bridge Restaurant & Store, Jacksonville — 85;
- Medford Food & Friends Meal Site, Medford — 96;
- Medford Gospel Mission, Medford — 91;
- Mellelo Coffee Roasters, Lear Way, Medford — 96;
- Miguel's of Ashland, Ashland — 96;
- Mountain Mike's Pizza, Medford — 93;
- Muchas Gracias, Samike Drive, Medford — 77;
- New Chan's Palace, Eagle Point — 92;
- New Sammy's Cowboy Bistro, Talent — 93;
- New Tin Tin Buffet, Medford — 85;
- Noho's Hawaiian Cafe To Go, Central Point — 91;
- Oh's Osaka, Medford — 87;
- Oregon Mountain Coffee Company, Medford — 80;
- Papa John's Pizza, Biddle Road, Medford — 98;
- Papa John's Pizza, West Main Street, Medford — 96;
- Oak Tree Restaurant Northwest, Ashland — 93;
- Omar's, Inc., Ashland — 95;
- Pasta Piatti, Ashland — 95;
- Picasso's Pantry, Talent — 92;
- Pinehurst Inn, Ashland — 99;
- Purple Parrot No. 6, Biddle Road, Medford — 98;
- Rack 'Em, Medford — 99;
- Red Robin, Medford — 93;
- Rogue Valley Country Club, Inc., Medford — 84;
- Rogue Valley Roasting Co. Bakery, Ashland — 95;
- Rooster's, Medford — 84.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods held at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.