Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 111 restaurants in October. All restaurants passed their semi-annual inspections. A portion of the scores are published in the Mail Tribune weekly.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Sansei, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 81;
- Santiago's Mexican Restaurant, Eagle Point — 97;
- Senor Sams, Central Point — 92;
- Shiki Four Seasons, Medford — 83
- Shoji's, Medford — 95;
- Shy's Cafe & Lounge, Shady Cove — 81;
- Sin Hong's Restaurant, Medford — 87;
- Sizzler Family Steak House, Medford — 95;
- Sloe Bar & Grill, Medford — 88;
- Southern Oregon Moose Lodge, Medford — 87;
- Squeeze Inn Sandwich Shop, Medford — 94;
- Star Sushi No. 2, Medford — 93;
- Starbucks Coffee No. 448, East Main Street, Ashland — 90;
- Stillwater, Ashland — 86;
- Subway Bear Creek Corp., South Pacific Highway, Medford — 98;
- Subway Eagle Point Wal-Mart, Eagle Point — 91;
- Subway Sandwiches No. 12462, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 95;
- Subway Sandwiches No. 20833, North Phoenix Road, Medford — 92;
- Subway Sandwiches No. 21610, Medford — 99;
- Sugar Pine Company Cafe, Butte Falls — 96;
- Taqueria El Gallo, Medford — 91;
- Tasty Thai Restaurant, Medford — 89;
- Trophy Club, Medford — 99;
- Two Pines Smokehouse, Shady Cove — 83;
- Vic's Mongolian BBQ, Ashland — 97;
- Vinny's Italian Kitchen III, Eagle Point — 94;
- Woody's Chicago Style, Medford — 98.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods held at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.