Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 78 restaurants in September. All restaurants passed their semi-annual inspections. A portion of the scores are published in the Mail Tribune weekly.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Roscoe's BBQ Sports Bar & Grill, Phoenix — 80;
- Round Table Pizza, Medford — 91;
- Sally's Kitchen, Medford — 88;
- Shady Cove Food & Friends Meals, Shady Cove — 94;
- Si Casa Flores, East Barnett Road, Medford — 82;
- Solorios La Hacienda, Medford — 91;
- Soup Station, Rogue River — 92;
- South Medford Dairy Queen, East Barnett Road, Medford — 99;
- Subway Sandwiches No. 10688, Center Drive, Medford — 86;
- Superior Fitness, Eagle Point — 99;
- Taco Bell No. 9490, Center Drive, Medford — 96;
- Taco Delite, Morrow Road, Medford — 99;
- The Dancing Goat, Medford — 91;
- Tinseltown USA No. 254, Medford — 89;
- Tolo Tavern, Central Point — 93;
- Touvelle Lodge, Central Point — 73;
- Towneplace Suites Restaurant, Medford — 91;
- Wendy's Old Fashioned Hamburgers, Biddle Road, Medford — 87;
- Yuan Yuan Restaurant, Ashland — 75.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods held at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.