Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 101 restaurants in August. All inspection scores are reported in the Mail Tribune, with a portion published weekly.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Pier 21, Medford — 86.
- Pit Stop Espresso, Jacksonville — 99.
- Pizza Hut No. 102017, Biddle Road, Medford — 91.
- Pizza Hut No. 102023, South Riverside Avenue, Medford — 89.
- Pizza Hut No. 738201, Central Point — 93.
- The Red Dragon, Rogue River — 79.
- Red Lion Hotel, Medford — 88.
- Relax Sports Pub, Central Point — 73.
- Rumors Lounge, Medford — 95.
- Senor Sam's Mexican Grill, Ashland — 90.
- Si Casa Flores, Biddle Road, Medford — 74.
- Soco's Authentic Mexican Food, Ashland — 93.
- Southern Oregon Speedway, White City — 93.
- Starbucks Coffee No. 2865, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 93.
- Tabu, Ashland — 93.
- Taco Bell No. 1683, Ashland — 94.
- Taco Bell No. 4167, East Jackson Street, Medford — 94.
- Taco Bell No. 17467, Crater Lake Highway, Medford — 94.
- Taco Delite No. 2, Central Point — 93.
- Thai House Restaurant, Jacksonville — 79.
- Three Rivers Cuisine of India, Ashland — 84.
- The Ticker Express, Medford — 99.
- Wasabi Japanese Restaurant, Medford — 90.
- Wimer Way Café, Rogue River — 91.
- Yummy Yan's, Medford — 88.
- Zen Cafe, Medford — 90.
- Zen Zen Sushi & Teriyaki, Central Point — 93.
- Zoey's Cafe & All Natural Ice Cream, Ashland — 93.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods held at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com.