Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 101 restaurants in August. All inspection scores are reported in the Mail Tribune, with a portion published weekly.
- Elements Tapas Bar & Lounge, Medford — 91;
- First Street Cafe, Phoenix — 91;
- Flamingo's Sandwiches, Medford — 94;
- The Good Bean Company, Jacksonville — 89;
- Great Steak & Potato Co., Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 79;
- Honey Baked Ham Co. & Cafe, Medford — 95;
- India Palace, Medford — 94;
- India's Kitchen, Medford — 81;
- Inti, Talent — 95;
- Jackson Creek Pizza Co., Medford — 95;
- Jacksonville Tavern, Jacksonville — 91;
- Jet Fuel Cafe & Lounge, Medford — 91;
- Kobe Restaurant, Ashland — 81;
- La Unica, Medford — 89;
- Little Caesars Pizza, Medford — 89;
- Ling's, White City — 80;
- Lost Creek Marina, Trail — 84;
- Lumpy's No. 5, Medford — 94;
- Ma's, Central Point — 84;
- Mac's Rock & Rod Diner, Medford — 80;
- Magnolia Grill, Jacksonville — 84;
- McCully House Inn, Jacksonville — 93;
- McDonald's No. 5596, White City — 80;
- McDonald's No. 14537, Crater Lake Highway, Medford — 86;
- Medford Coffee Company, Medford — 99;
- Mix Sweet Shop, Ashland — 90;
- Muchas Gracias, Aviation Way, Medford — 99;
- Panda Garden, Ashland — 93;
- Phil's Frosty, Shady Cove — 98.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods held at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.