Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 91 restaurants in December. A portion of scores appear weekly in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Depot St. Burger & Malt Shop, Rogue River — 97;
- Donut Country, Medford — 99;
- Downtown Grounds, Medford — 98;
- Dutch Bros. Coffee, Stewart Avenue, Medford — 89;
- Evo's Coffee Lounge, Ashland — 76;
- Gogi's Restaurant, Jacksonville — 97;
- The Great American Pizza Co., Ashland — 92;
- Grilla Bites, Ashland — 82;
- Ground Zero/Shooters Restaurant, Medford — 81;
- Guadalajara Mexican Restaurant, Medford — 77;
- Human Bean of Barnett, Barnett Road, Medford — 94;
- Il Giardino Cucina Italiana, Ashland — 95;
- Jasper's Restaurant and Cafe, Medford — 90;
- Joe's Sub & Sandwich, Medford — 89;
- Juan's El Caporal, Eagle Point — 87;
- Kentucky Fried Chicken, White City — 85;
- Krazy Jake's, Medford — 88;
- Las Morenas, Medford — 92;
- Little Caesar's Pizza, Central Point — 87.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods held at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com online.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.