Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 112 restaurants in September. A portion of scores appear weekly in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- The Dancing Goat, Medford — 91;
- Downtowne Coffeehouse, Talent — 99;
- Dutch Bros., Crater Lake Highway, Medford — 91;
- Ed's Oasis, Eagle Point — 84;
- El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant, Ashland — 86;
- Elmer's Restaurant, Medford — 80;
- Espresso Mellelo, East Sixth Street, Medford — 98;
- Fish Lake Resort, Eagle Point — 98;
- Flamingo's, Phoenix — 91;
- Gatewoods Family Restaurant, Shady Cove — 89;
- The Grotto, Talent — 94;
- Horton Plaza Retirement Community, Medford — 76;
- Howiee's on Front, Medford — 90;
- The Hungry Woodsman, Medford — 87;
- Island Juice, South Pacific Highway, Medford — 96;
- Jacksonville Inn, Jacksonville — 83;
- Kaleidoscope Pizzeria & Pub, Medford — 87;
- Kentucky Fried Chicken, Central Point — 96;
- Kentucky Fried Chicken, East McAndrews Avenue, Medford — 96;
- Kentucky Fried Chicken/A&W, Ashland — 91;
- Kids Unlimited Community Center, Medford — 96;
- King Bo Restaurant & Lounge, Medford — 92;
- La Fiesta, Jacksonville: 85;
- Liquid Assets Wine Bar, Ashland — 88;
- Longbranch Saloon, Gold Hill — 90.
Critical violations include: foods held at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated, not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated, or not honestly presented, not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used, or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com online.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.