Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 105 restaurants in April. Inspectors subtract points from a perfect score of 100 for critical violations. A portion of scores appear weekly in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Hometown Buffet No. 725, Medford — 88;
- Horton Plaza Retirement Community, Medford — 86;
- Howard Prairie Lake Resort (seasonal), Ashland — 91;
- The Human Bean, Rossanley Road, Medford — 99;
- Jack's Full Moon Saloon, Phoenix — 90;
- Joe's La Burrita, Medford — 91;
- Joe's Sports Bar and Grill, Medford — 99;
- Kentucky Fried Chicken, Barnett Road, Medford — 92;
- Key of C Coffee House, Ashland — 95;
- Koffee Kottage, Medford — 85;
- La Casa Del Pueblo, Ashland — 96;
- Library Coffee Shop, Ashland — 84;
- Lithia Fountain and Grill, Ashland — 85;
- Lost Creek Marina, Trail — 86;
- Louie's Bar & Grill, Ashland — 88;
- Luigi's Italian Restaurant, Medford — 89;
- MacLevin's, Jacksonville — 86;
- Main Event Sports Bar & Eatery, Eagle Point — 86;
- McAndrews Avenue Grill, Medford — 83;
- McGrath's Fish House, Medford — 90;
- Medford Red Robin, Medford — 95;
- Mellelo Coffee Roasters, West Main Street, Medford — 94;
- Mellelo Coffee Roasters, South Central Avenue at Medford Library — 88.
Critical violations include: foods held at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated, not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated, or not honestly presented, not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used, or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org online. Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.