Wild Bird Photo Contest voting starts Saturday

The deadline for entering the 2008 Wild Bird Photo Contest is at 5 p.m. Friday.

To enter, go to www.mailtribune.com/contests and click on the link for the bird contest. You'll need to register and fill out an entry form. There is a limit of two entries per person. Birds must have been photographed in the wild.

You also can put your digital photos on a CD or DVD and drop them off at the Mail Tribune, 111 N. Fir St., Medford; at Wild Birds Unlimited, 712 Crater Lake Ave., Medford; or at Total Camera and Video at Harry and David's Country Village by the south Fred Meyer.

Grand Prize is a Vortex Skyline 20-60x80 (Angled) Spotting Scope, retail value $499, from Wild Birds Unlimited. First place receives an Olympus Stylus 1200 Compact Digital Camera, valued at $349, from Total Camera. Second place is a $100 gift certificate from the Mail Tribune to spend at either of the above sponsors. We will also give away five photo book certificates, worth $30 each, from Total Camera and Video.

Online voting begins Saturday at noon and runs to noon on Saturday, Dec. 13.

To vote, go to the contest Web page at www.mailtribune.com/contests. Click on the wild bird photo contest and click "Vote."

You will need to register. Everyone can vote three times. You will need to click the "Save Vote" button after each vote. Reader votes count for 25 percent of the total score. Our expert judges will account for the other 75 percent.

Winners will be published in Oregon Outdoors Dec. 18.

Share This Story