Rogue Valley trout anglers got a fall surprise from the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife this week, according to a release issued by the agency this morning.
ODFW’s Cole Rivers Hatchery had more trout than stocking plans called for, and the agency purchased additional trout from Desert Springs Trout Farm, which provided bonus trout at the following area lakes in the past week:
• Lake Selmac – 800 one-pounders
• Reinhart Park Pond – 100 one-pounders and 250 legal-sized fish
• Medco Pond – 400 one-pounders
• Willow Lake – 450 one-pounders
• Expo Pond – 100 one-pounders and 250 legal-sized fish
Trout fishing in lakes is open year-round with a limit of five trout per day, two daily limits in possession. Trout stocking will resume next spring.