Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. TRUMP APPROVES PLAN TO IMPOSE TOUGH CHINA TARIFFS
President Donald Trump approves plan to impose punishing tariffs on tens of billions of dollars of Chinese goods as early as today.
2. INSIDE THE SUMMIT WITH NORTH KOREA
New details are emerging about the bizarre behind-the-scenes negotiations that led up to the summit , U.S. officials saying it was like talking to “aliens,” and about President Trump’s post-summit frustrations with how it’s being portrayed.
3. AFGHAN OFFICIAL: US DRONE KILLS PAKISTAN TALIBAN CHIEF
An Afghan Defense Ministry official says a U.S. drone strike in northeastern Kunar province has killed Pakistan Taliban chief Mullah Fazlullah.
4. WHICH LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY IS CRITICIZED IN IG REPORT
An inspector general report condemning the FBI’s actions in the Hillary Clinton email investigation blasts former FBI Director James Comey.
5. WHAT IS CAUSING A RIFT BETWEEN GOP LEADERS AND WHITE HOUSE
Congressional Republicans distanced themselves from the Trump administration’s policy of separating children from their parents at the southern border
6. DOCTOR PENS BOOK ON HER ROLE IN REVEALING FLINT WATER CRISIS
Dr. Mona Hanna-Attisha had hard evidence that thousands of people in Flint had been exposed to toxic lead in their drinking water.
7. TRUMP’S MOVE TO REDEFINE WATER RULE THREATENS WETLANDS BANK
An executive order signed by President Donald Trump in February 2017 seeks to replace the rule known as Waters of the United States, or WOTUS, with a much more limited definition of what constitutes a protected federal waterway.
8. FARMERS IN TRUMP COUNTRY PROTEST PRUITT’S ETHANOL POLICIES
Environmental Protection Agency chief Scott Pruitt is being met with protests by farmers and ethanol producers concerned that he is undermining the industry with his strong support of oil and gas.
9. SURVIVORS OF PAST HAWAII LAVA RECALL DESPAIR AND OPPORTUNITY
Lava has destroyed more than 600 homes on the Big Island since the Kilauea volcano began spraying molten rock out of a vent on a residential street May 3.
10. AT&T AND TIME WARNER CLOSE $81 BILLION MERGER
AT&T completes its $81 billion takeover of Time Warner, one of the biggest media deals ever.