No one is injured in Ashland condo fire

A Sunday morning fire in the bedroom of an Ashland condominium caused about $40,000 in damage, according to the Ashland Fire Department.

Firefighters responded to a report of the blaze just before 8 a.m. Sunday at 461 N. Mountain Ave. The fire originated in an upstairs bedroom. The cause was not available Sunday.

The bedroom sustained heavy fire damage, and there was smoke damage in other parts of the residence, said Battalion Chief Walt Anders.

Two family members who were at home at the time of the blaze were not injured. They evacuated prior to firefighters' arrival.

It took 11 firefighters about 20 minutes to extinguish the blaze, Anders said.

Share This Story