Medford house that caught fire Christmas morning was empty

A fire early Christmas morning heavily damaged a vacant house at 2306 Table Rock Road, Medford Fire Department officials reported.

Firefighters from Medford and Jackson County Fire District No. 3 were called to the blaze at about 3:15 a.m. on Christmas, Medford Battalion Chief Mark Burns said.

As the flames leapt from the attic, waves of heat and smoke blew toward a two-story duplex immediately behind the burning home, he said. Crews quickly brought the fire under control, protecting the adjacent home.

Four fire engines, two command vehicles and two police cars to help with traffic control responded to the fire.

The 1950s-era, ranch-style home where the fire started was empty. The most recent residents had moved out just days earlier and no possessions were left in the house, Burns said.

A fire investigator determined that the fire started in the attic, but hasn't reached a conclusion on the cause yet, Burns said.

Share This Story