A garage fire off Table Rock Road sent up a plume of smoke Wednesday morning that was visible throughout the city.
The garage, at 538 Berrydale Ave., just northeast of St. Vincent de Paul, was destroyed, but no injuries were reported. A house on the property sustained minor heat damage.
Emergency Communications of Southern Oregon received multiple 911 calls from people who spotted the smoke.
Firefighters from Medford Fire-Rescue’s Station 4 arrived within a minute of the first report at 11:18 a.m. to find the garage fully involved. The responders included firefighters from a nearby recruit academy at the station, according to Medford Fire-Rescue Deputy Chief Justin Bates.
A second alarm drew crews from Fire District No. 3 within four minutes, according to District 3 Battalion Chief Jeff Bancroft.
Fire officials called for the second alarm because of the proximity of other houses. Crews were able to protect those neighboring structures and confined the damage to the outbuilding.
A dog inside the house was uninjured, Bancroft said.
Seven engines from Medford Fire-Rescue and Fire District 3 responded to the scene. Crews knocked the flames down within about 15 minutes.
“We released everybody pretty quick,” Bates said.