- The historic Wood House property on Highway 62, three miles north of Eagle Point, will be the site of a reenactment of the Civil War from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free, donations accepted.
- Today and Sunday, ScienceWorks puts a little "spin" on Halloween with "Spooky Science," an exploration of the weird. Spooky Science offers experiments for all ages including screaming cups, gooey concoctions and optical illusions. Kids are encouraged to wear their costumes as they explore the museum. There will be opportunities to make slime and silly putty, check out the strobe light dance area and visit the resident "mummies." It's free with museum admission, $7.50 for adults, $5 for kids 2-12 and free for members and children under 2. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday. ScienceWorks is at 1500 E. Main St. in Ashland. See www.scienceworksmuseum.org or call 482-6767.
- Southern Oregon Historical Society will hold a harvest celebration from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. today at Hanley Farm, 1053 Hanley Road, between Jacksonville and Central Point. Admission is $5 general and $3 for children 3-12 and seniors 65 and older. Kids under 3 and Society members get in free. There will be dutch oven cooking demonstrations; a Chautauqua lecture titled "Forbidden Fruit: The Apple in History, Literature and Legend" by Nancy Appling; craft activities for children to make and take home; and a ground breaking ceremony for an Oregon Heirloom Apple Orchard. Visitors can purchase a pumpkin and carve it at the farm. There will be entertainment by Banjo Bill, food, wagon rides and miniature horse cart rides. See www.sohs.org.
- Kids are invited to make "Horr-edible Hands" at 11 a.m. today at Kids' Imagination Discovery Space, 226 N. Ross Lane, Medford. Admission is $5 per child, $2 per adult. Call 772-9922.
- This is the final Sunday of the season for Medford's Railroad Park at Table Rock Road and Berrydale Avenue. The park offers rides on small-scale steam and diesel trains from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. There are also exhibits of full-size and miniature trains, a historic locomotive and caboose and an antique telegraph service. Admission is free; donations are accepted to maintain and expand the park. Call 535-7952 or 944-0176.
- The Extreme Motocross Freestyle Show comes to the Slick Kart Track and Arcade at 2 p.m. Sunday with Medford's hometown rider, Justin "Air Time" Ayres, the nation's No. 1-ranked amateur freestyle rider. Also performing will be Brandon "Sheefo" Sheffel, the nation's No. 3-ranked amateur freestyle rider and Mike "Who" Harris. There will also be a raffle will prizes, with proceeds going to the Rogue Valley Medical Center's Children's Miracle Network.
The Ashland Children's Library has added a new story time to its schedule. There will now be an evening story time at 6:30 p.m. Mondays in addition to the 10:30 a.m. story time held on Wednesdays.
- Children 12 and younger can trick-or-treat from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Skylark Assisted Living, 900 Skylark Place, Ashland. Cookies and juice will also be provided. Call 552-1713.
- A Harvest Carnival with games, candy, a costume contest and prizes will be held from 5:30 to 7:30 Wednesday at Hope Christian Church, 325 Oak St., Central Point. It's free. Call 664-3905.
Cirque-Works Birdhouse Factory will perform at the Craterian Ginger Rogers Theater, 23 S. Central Ave., in Medford at 8 p.m. Thursday. The circus features tumbling, contortion and acrobatics within, around and on top of fabulous contraptions. Music, lighting effects and choreography make it a breathtaking performance. Tickets are $36-$42 for adults, $26 to $32 for kids 18 and under. Call 779-3000 or purchase online at www.craterian.org.