- Hillcrest Orchard will hold a harvest festival from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. today at 3285 Hillcrest Road, Medford. There will be horse-drawn wagon rides, a children's corn maze, photos with Mr. Pear, a cider press demonstration and more. Call 773-1487.
- oTrained staff and volunteers will be on hand from noon to 3 p.m. today at Valley of the Rogue State Park, I-5 at exit 45B, 12 miles east of Grants Pass, to answer questions and assist with salmon viewing on the Rogue River. Participants will get a chance to observe chinook salmon returning to spawn in their natal streams in the Rogue River Basin. It's free. Call 488-6606.
- The Fred Garbo Inflatable Theater Co. will entertain families with a wacky show using performing inflatables at 2 p.m. today at the Craterian Ginger Rogers Theater, 23 S. Central Ave., Medford. The inflatables — of all sizes, shapes, personalities and colors — tumble, bounce, deflate and sometimes float into the audience. Tickets are $13-$19 for youth under 18, and $19-$25 for adults. To order tickets, call 779-3000 or visit www.craterian.org.
- Seven Oaks Farm, 5504 Rogue Valley Highway, Central Point, will hold Pumpkin Patch Days from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekends in October. There will be pony and cart rides, a petting zoo, pumpkin carving, a maze, face-painting, along with lunch, pumpkins, gourds and fall decorations. Call 664-2060.
- White's Country Farm's 2007 fall festival will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekends in October. There also will be a haunted corn maze from 6 to 10 p.m. every Friday and Saturday. Admission is $5 per person. The festival features hay rides, a pumpkin path, a kids' corn maze, pony rides, an inflatable dragon, games and food. Call 773-8031.
- The Farm, at 51 S. Stage Road, Medford, will hold its fall festival weekends in October. The festival will include a pumpkin patch, hay maze, wagon rides and more. Admission to the petting farm is $4. Prices vary for pumpkins, hay maze and hay rides. Call 535-1316.
- Pheasant Fields at 1865 Camp Baker Road in Phoenix will hold its annual Harvest Festival from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekends in October. There will be a pumpkin patch, corn maze, hay rides, shooting gallery, pony rides, face-painting and a country store. Today and Sunday the Cascade Civil War Society will be on hand in period costume to do demonstrations and talk about the history of Camp Baker during the 1850s and '60s. On Sunday, Matt Fawcett will play steel guitar from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., and Montana Soul will perform from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Admission is free; tickets are sold for some events. Call 535-3873
Kids' Imagination Discovery Space will offer pumpkin painting at 11 a.m. Tuesday, at KIDS, 226 N. Ross Lane, Medford. This activity will give even the youngest children an opportunity to enjoy some pumpkin decorating. All crafts are free. Admission is $5 per child, $2 per adult. Call 772-9922.
Evil-yn Manor Haunted House at 111 Evelyn Ave., Grants Pass, offers a special event this Halloween season — a guided tour of a fabulous haunted house. Come see the damp, musty innards of "Evil-yn Manor" and all the creepy, crawly things inside — lots of spooky, scary surprises, bones and ghosts, skulls and bodies — all created by Nedd and Jennier Wyant. The manor will be open Thursday, Friday and Saturday (Oct. 25-27) and Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (Oct. 29-31). Tours begin at 5 p.m. and take about 15 minutes to complete. Closing times are 10 p.m. on Oct. 25, 29 and 30; 11 p.m. on Oct. 26-27; and midnight on Halloween.
- Kids' Imagination Discovery Space will hold a Halloween party from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 26, at KIDS, 227 N. Ross Lane, Medford. The party includes a haunted house, spooky fun games, a costume contest and regular play-space activities. Cost: $5 for kids, $2 for adults: Details: 772-9922.
- Enjoy ghoulish fun and treats from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday during the annual Haunted Halloween House at the Gold Hill Museum, 504 First Ave., at Estremado Street in Gold Hill. Admission to the annual fundraiser is $1 for kids 12 and under and $2 for older kids and adults.